FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Getting "repairing corrupted library" and no playlists E71

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastfwd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Getting "repairing corrupted library" and no playl Reply with quote

It had worked in the past but now I am getting this text on the phone when I first start media player:

"repairing corrupted library
searching for music and podcasts"

It eventually finishes and then I get all the songs but no playlists at all except for the default Nokia playlists.

I read in the forum something about a limit of 400 songs/playlist. Any other limits I should be aware of?

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no firm an official limit to 400 tracks. I think we've just noticed that the E71's music manager is not in top shape, and should not be pushed too hard.

I should mention that we do not touch the music library. If the library gets corrupted, it's something the E71 did to itself, I'm afraid.

The best we can hope for is that Nokia knows about these things, and that they fix it in an update.

If you want to report this to Nokia, I'd appreciate it.

Best.
--
Jonas
Fastfwd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="salling"]I should mention that we do not touch the music library. If the library gets corrupted, it's something the E71 did to itself, I'm afraid.

[/quote]

I redid everything and synced only a few essential playlists and right now it works with less than 200 songs. How does media sync work? You just copy songs and build the equivalent of .m3u files for the playlist? I don't understand how it can be separate from Nokia's music library.

I will definitely follow-up with Nokia about this.

Thanks
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fastfwd"][quote="salling"]I should mention that we do not touch the music library. If the library gets corrupted, it's something the E71 did to itself, I'm afraid.

[/quote]

I redid everything and synced only a few essential playlists and right now it works with less than 200 songs. How does media sync work? You just copy songs and build the equivalent of .m3u files for the playlist? I don't understand how it can be separate from Nokia's music library.

I will definitely follow-up with Nokia about this.

Thanks[/quote]

What I meant is that we're not aware of the music library. We don't make any direct modifications to it. It's not like we're opening a file on the phone called "music.db", making modifications to it.

As far as how we're moving tracks to the phone, we do it through the same protocol used by Windows Media Player (MTP). Basically, tracks are sent along with metadata. Playlists are not m3u files, in this case, though. Presumably, but I don't know, the phone takes the information it's sent and builds a database. I'm also guessing the database is manipulated when you're "consuming" media on the phone (to track play counts, etc).

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: