FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Nokia N97 incompabillity?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobby68

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Nokia N97 incompabillity? Reply with quote

I have just purchased a license for Salling Media Sync yesterday, but I didn't knew the N97 wasn't on the list of supportet phones. My fault for not checking before, and check the FAQ after the purchase.

But it seems to work okay, besides that my transfer rate is extremely slow, 441kB/s via usb 2.0 - Not so nice, when I have nearly 15gb. to transfer :lol:

But what are the issues with N97? It syncs to the internal 32gb. so that is fine. Is it the slow transfer rate?

Edit: I found this thread,
http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6705

and used the file and Mass transfer mode. And it's working great. Now my transfer rate is 2.7MB/s istead of 441kB/s.

I also found out that after transfer, in media mode, next time I connected the phone, in pc suite mode, the phone restartet, and would not connect, in pc suite mode.

But maybe that's not a problem anymore, after using Mass transfer mode instead. Time will tell :-)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with the N97 is that the Media transfer mode is flakey. If you use it in mass storage mode (using the trick you've found), I expect you'll have few problems.

Best.
--
Jonas
bobby68

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Jonas. I am now using mass storage mode, and it is working like a charm, fast transfer speed, and no restarting phone, the next time I connect in pc suite mode.
bobby68

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw. i have just recieved my new Sony NWZ X-1050 Walkman. WOW, sounds GREAT. Go home iPod, Nokia and Sony Ericsson!

But the (next) best thing is, that it works brilliant with Salling Media Sync!

Thumbs up Jonas :D
NickAnstee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cannot get my N97 connected at all, since upgrading to MAC OSX 10.5.8. Can anyone help?
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to describe what you're tried in some detail.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="NickAnstee"]I just cannot get my N97 connected at all, since upgrading to MAC OSX 10.5.8. Can anyone help?[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Windows All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: