FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Store the Media Sync DB with iTunes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tstackhouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Store the Media Sync DB with iTunes? Reply with quote

I have an external drive that I keep my iTunes library on that lets me have the same library at home and at work. When I had my iPod it kept in sync with no problems, however after switching to my G1 ans using Salling that shared data is lost. I'm assuming the SyncTables.db file in ~/Library/Application Support/Salling Media Sync/ is the file that governs this operation. I'd like to be able to have this stored in my iTunes folder instead and intend to try making a symlink and seeing if that will work, however an "official" method of doing so would be nice.

I'd also love to see the ability to see my playlist folders in Media Sync, that way I can create a "G1" folder and have anything that's in there sync automatically.

Great product overall, if I can get this to work on both machines seamlessly I'll definitely purchase. (Not to mention upgrading from my puny 4gb card)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're onto the solution, but I'd suggest making links for these two folders:

~/Library/Application Support/MediaSync
(contains sync settings for all your devices)

~/Library/Application Support/Salling Media Sync
(contains, as you figured out, the sync tables database)

It's probably important that the application does not find itself with broken links to these folders, though.

Another alternative might be to make some script that copies these folder back and forth from the external drive.

Best.
--
Jonas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: