FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

iPhoto Album/Folder on destination device?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It *seems* like a photo can only belong to one Event in iPhoto, so I could probably stick "evented" photos into folders.

Cheers.
--
Jonas
thork

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, give the user the choice to creat a seperate folder for each Album or event. I'd rather like some duplicates than to have thousands of photos in one Folder!

Motorala Milestone and iPhoto Database with 15000 images from which I'd like to sync 3000 ... :(
ianwelles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The all in one folder with random sort is pretty useless for quickly finding a photo you want to share.

I tend to keep a few hundred pics on my phone for quick reference. I also sort all my iphoto images by event and would love to see an image folder for each event on my droid. An interim solution would be to sort the photos in the picture folder so they are in chronological order. Since events are typically grouped by time order then at least all the pics from a same event would show up near each other if they must all be in one folder.

The all in one folder with random sort is pretty useless for quickly finding a photo you want to share.
benw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this request, as I'd rather have a few duplicates than no folders at all. Having a dozen - or even hundreds - of pictures in the same folder that do not relate to each other is quite annoying.

(Also, I'd love to have them sorted by date as well.)
ianwelles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded and tested MarkSpace missing sync. It does exactly what we are asking. Each event is stored as a sub-folder of the pictures folder. All of the pictures in each even sub-folder has the images sorted in the order they were taken. I don't really want to buy another syncing solution so hopefully Salling can mimic this functionality.
coldtech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any progress on this, or at least an intention of doing it the way it was discussed here (one event equals one separate folder)?
I want to purchase the software, but the lack of organization of pictures right now is a showstopper for me.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do intend to do something about this, sir.

- Jonas

[quote="coldtech"]is there any progress on this, or at least an intention of doing it the way it was discussed here (one event equals one separate folder)?
I want to purchase the software, but the lack of organization of pictures right now is a showstopper for me.[/quote]
coldtech

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, that would be great! :) I have to say that I tried all the syncing software I came across, and I like yours best, good job!
doubletwist didn't update on itunes playlists and was pretty slow, also did more than what I wanted, and the Missing Sync was much too bloated, and not even working right...
danmoo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's indeed great news that a solution is in the works. As several others have mentioned already, the current approach of throwing thousands of photos into one single folder is not practical at all, to say the least.

Personally, I have been using Salling Media Sync for all my iTunes-related synching and the free-of-charge doubleTwist to sync my pictures and videos. doubleTwist does, by the way, use iPhoto's "Events" to create folders which works out just fine.

Anyhow, I am definitely looking forward to Salling Media Sync doing all of these things, so I don't have to switch between two pieces of software any longer.
nmkavadarli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:15 am    Post subject: Any Updates? Reply with quote

Are there any updates on this issue? I've tried both doubleTwist and The Missing Sync, none is reliable in my opinion.

As for doubleTwist using Events to create folders, it doesn't really work that well. iPhoto manages its folders in a weird way that I personally can't figure out... For example, some photos in one Event can be in a folder named the same as the Event, and some in a folder that has a date as the folder name... So when you sync photos using doubleTwist, you get the albums with the Event names that have "some" of the photos in the Event, and other albums with names as some dates that have the rest of the photos.

I think the main problem here is that iPhoto manages its Library Folder in a way that nobody can understand except its developers (Actually, maybe even they don't understand it, considering Apple's iPhone not showing Events separately when synced with iPhoto...). I don't understand why it can't be more like iTunes' Library Folder, organized perfectly! Shouldn't be that difficult...

Anyway, looking forward to an update that finally fixes this issue :)
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most if not all devices that'd benefit from this, the latest beta version of 1.1.6 now separates photos by iPhoto event on the device. Enable "Check for beta versions", and please let me know how this works for you, okay?

Best.
--
Jonas
rschubert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use version 1.1.6. (234) with a windows mobile 6.5 htc hd 2 (with kinoma).

The latest update of salling media sync showed me suddenly al my iphoto albums and event - before they did not show, for whatever reason.

Unfortunatly, when syncing they are alle crammed in one folder named picture - the separation by event did not work. (I synced only events and not albums to be sure). So all my joy faded away rather quickly.

A seperation by event would already be a step forward, but for me - like most users, i guess, an album-based aproach would be much more useful. If this means duplicates, than so be it. At the moment, the picture sync is probably useless for most users.

I really hope that there will be more improvement to come, i am (music-wise) a really happy registered user and like the speed and realibility of saling media sync.

Here is my wish-list (in ascending order)

- sync albums in separate folders
- resize pictures before sync
- sync dynamic albums from iphoto

Keep up the good work!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try updating again. Kinoma Play should now get pictures in folders (upon resync).

Also, pictures have always been resized.

What do you mean by dynamic albums? Do "smart albums" not show up for you in Media Sync?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="rschubert"]I use version 1.1.6. (234) with a windows mobile 6.5 htc hd 2 (with kinoma).

The latest update of salling media sync showed me suddenly al my iphoto albums and event - before they did not show, for whatever reason.

Unfortunatly, when syncing they are alle crammed in one folder named picture - the separation by event did not work. (I synced only events and not albums to be sure). So all my joy faded away rather quickly.

A seperation by event would already be a step forward, but for me - like most users, i guess, an album-based aproach would be much more useful. If this means duplicates, than so be it. At the moment, the picture sync is probably useless for most users.

I really hope that there will be more improvement to come, i am (music-wise) a really happy registered user and like the speed and realibility of saling media sync.

Here is my wish-list (in ascending order)

- sync albums in separate folders
- resize pictures before sync
- sync dynamic albums from iphoto

Keep up the good work![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: