FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Cannot open Salling Media Sync

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gronros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Cannot open Salling Media Sync Reply with quote

Hi,

I just downloaded Salling Media Sync for my iMac, installed it and now connected my Nokia E71 (Media Transfer Mode). Nothing happens, i.e. Salling Media Sync is not opening up automatically. I can see the Salling Media Sync icon in the menu bar and clicking on it shows me a list of options, starting with 'Connect a device'. The two next options ('Open Salling Media Sync' and 'Synchronize') are however grayed out.

I have tried turning my phone on and off but still nothing happens. Is there anything else that I can do/try?

Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot open Salling Media Sync Reply with quote

Sure you have an okay cable? Also, how are you connecting the phone? Via a hub?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gronros"]Hi,

I just downloaded Salling Media Sync for my iMac, installed it and now connected my Nokia E71 (Media Transfer Mode). Nothing happens, i.e. Salling Media Sync is not opening up automatically. I can see the Salling Media Sync icon in the menu bar and clicking on it shows me a list of options, starting with 'Connect a device'. The two next options ('Open Salling Media Sync' and 'Synchronize') are however grayed out.

I have tried turning my phone on and off but still nothing happens. Is there anything else that I can do/try?

Thanks![/quote]
gronros

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The cable is ok as it works when synchronizing files using the Nokia Multimedia Transfer application.

I connect my phone to my iMac using the standard cable that connect to the USB port.

Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really quite puzzling, then.

Does *nothing* happen to the Media Sync icon when you connect in the correct USB mode? Doesn't spin, even?

Anything in Console (/Applications/Utilities)?

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gronros"]Hi,

The cable is ok as it works when synchronizing files using the Nokia Multimedia Transfer application.

I connect my phone to my iMac using the standard cable that connect to the USB port.

Thanks![/quote]
gronros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When I connect the cable to the E71 I select the USB mode 'Media transfer'. There is no change in the Salling Media Sync icon, i.e. it does not start to spin. When I click on the Salling Media Sync icon the 'Open Salling Media Sync' and the 'Synchronize' options are grayed out.

What exactly should I look for in the Console?

Thanks!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. Please open System Profiler. Look for your phone under USB. Is it visible? Please copy the information from the bottom-right view so I can have a look at it.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gronros"]Hi,

When I connect the cable to the E71 I select the USB mode 'Media transfer'. There is no change in the Salling Media Sync icon, i.e. it does not start to spin. When I click on the Salling Media Sync icon the 'Open Salling Media Sync' and the 'Synchronize' options are grayed out.

What exactly should I look for in the Console?

Thanks![/quote]
gronros

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonas,

Initially I could not see my E71 in the System Profiler. I then tried unplugging the USB and plugging it in different USB ports on my iMac. Suddenly the E71 popped up in the System Profiler and the Salling Media Sync application started!

Seemed it was only a connection problem due to my iMac's USB port or the E71 cable...

Thanks for your help!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. That's what I figured might be going on. Thanks for letting us know you got it sorted out!

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="gronros"]Hi Jonas,

Initially I could not see my E71 in the System Profiler. I then tried unplugging the USB and plugging it in different USB ports on my iMac. Suddenly the E71 popped up in the System Profiler and the Salling Media Sync application started!

Seemed it was only a connection problem due to my iMac's USB port or the E71 cable...

Thanks for your help![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: