FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

ID3 tag surgery, how to prevent it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amiliv

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: ID3 tag surgery, how to prevent it? Reply with quote

I've just noticed that when media sync is copying songs to my Android phone, it is performing very unwanted surgery on ID3 tags. When copying songs to Android device, media sync attempts to convert ID3 v2 tags to ID3 v1. What is worse, it completely drops ID3 v2 tags.

Android is perfectly capable of handling ID3 v2 tags, and this unwanted conversion only creates problems.

Few examples.

For songs that are on an album marked as compilation, the actual artist info is lost and replaced with "Various Artists". This makes it impossible to search for those songs by artist.

Some albums that have multiple artists are not marked as compilation, and instead use Album Artist field. Example is Lennon Legend album by John Lennon as sold on iTunes store. It has Album Artist field set to John Lennon for all songs, while individual songs have different Artist fields. The Album Artist info is lost during conversion as there is no counterpart in ID3 v1 for Album Artist. So the album ends up being displayed as multiple albums on Android device.

Is there a way to prevent this conversion from happening? Are developers reading this forums? Should I open separate support issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: