FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

Non-appearing and disappearing Playlists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcpmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Non-appearing and disappearing Playlists Reply with quote

Installed the program, and then I created a new iTunes playlist called "Pre". I synced it, and everything worked great! I then paid for the program. I realized that I wanted to select another playlist called "Workout", but it wouldn't appear after a sync as a playlist on the Pre. Only "Pre" showed up. Then I checked a playlist called "Audiobooks", and it showed up after a sync. Still no "Workout" playlist despite being checked.

I surmised that perhaps the program didn't like the fact that both playlists had some of the same songs, so I deleted the 12 songs in the Workout playlist from the Pre playlist. When I did another sync, the only playlist that remains is the Audiobooks playlist.....both the Pre and Workout playlists had disappeared, despite that all the songs did sync. I'm using 1.1.5/229, OSX 10.5.8, and iTunes 9.0.3(15).

More info: when I select all songs and playlists, 11 of my 25 playlists appear on the Pre, despite the fact that all of the songs have transferred. There is no apparent marker for the 11 playlists that were chosen.

Update: I tried downgrading to iTunes 9.0.2(25). When I select 4 playlists, only 2 show up (not Pre or Workout), and the Podcast playlist has only 1 podcast in it instead of the 12 that appear in the Podcast Genre folder.

Any thoughts?
dcpmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone there?
dcpmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. 6 days without a response in either this forum or to my email request for help. Yet I see you've responded to other threads in the meantime. And since your program still won't sync even half of my playlists, it doesn't work as advertised.

I'm ready for a refund.
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question has been answered elsewhere. As in here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6947&highlight=pre+playlist

and here:

http://www.salling.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6971&highlight=pre+playlist

To make a long story short. This is a Palm Pre problem. I know Palm is aware of the issue, and I hope they'll release a fix.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="dcpmark"]Wow. 6 days without a response in either this forum or to my email request for help. Yet I see you've responded to other threads in the meantime. And since your program still won't sync even half of my playlists, it doesn't work as advertised.

I'm ready for a refund.[/quote]
dcpmark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the response, but none of those threads you cite explain why some playlists sync and others don't. Or whether there is a workaround or way to make a particular playlist appear. Those threads just show other people having trouble with no resolution. Not to mention the fact that they were in the "Sync for Windows", and since I have a Mac, I'm not sure why you think I would have searched there for the answer to my question.

And nowhere are we told prior to purchase that this app does not work properly because the Pre's m3u support is "half-baked". Not in descriptions, FAQs....nowhere.

So, I ask again, is there a way to make a particular playlist appear to get around the Pre's bad support?? Deleting and recreating playlists just before syncs? Creating a playlist, syncing, then adding the songs you really want and re-syncing? Deleting your app and reinstalling it?

Without being able to get specific playlists on the Pre, your app is worthless to most people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: