FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

All itunes songs will not sync on Droid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mizm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: All itunes songs will not sync on Droid Reply with quote

I tried to sync my playlists on to my droid. Things appeared to work fine. All the playlists showed up. However, all songs in the playlist did not sync. For example, in one of the playlists on itunes, I had 49 songs (almost all of them purchased from itunes). However, after the sync, only 24 of them sync'ed onto the Droid. Of the 225 songs I had on my playlists, only 1/2 of them sync'ed.

There are certain artist's songs that don't sync each time I try
(all should be the same format as the ones that sync). I'm not sure what is going on. I was trying to ascertain some sort of pattern, e.g., songs that weren't played for a while, date of download, etc, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to this.

Help!
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: All itunes songs will not sync on Droid Reply with quote

Please don't both email support and post here.

Please check the Sync Log.

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mizm"]I tried to sync my playlists on to my droid. Things appeared to work fine. All the playlists showed up. However, all songs in the playlist did not sync. For example, in one of the playlists on itunes, I had 49 songs (almost all of them purchased from itunes). However, after the sync, only 24 of them sync'ed onto the Droid. Of the 225 songs I had on my playlists, only 1/2 of them sync'ed.

There are certain artist's songs that don't sync each time I try
(all should be the same format as the ones that sync). I'm not sure what is going on. I was trying to ascertain some sort of pattern, e.g., songs that weren't played for a while, date of download, etc, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to this.

Help![/quote]
mizm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: All itunes songs will not sync on Droid Reply with quote

I tried to sync the playlists again this morning. The only thing that appears in the log is "sync started (time)" and "sync finished (time)". There are no errors or warnings. The same songs will not sync.

Best.
--
Jonas
mizm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: All itunes songs will not sync on Droid Reply with quote

Just ran a test. Wiped all the music off the SD drive, and then I just sync'ed one playlist that I know is missing songs. On itunes, there are 49 songs listed, 45 are checked on this list. When I ran a sync on just that playlist, only 26 songs sync'ed. I don't see a pattern for the songs that didn't sync. No error messages

[quote="mizm"]I tried to sync the playlists again this morning. The only thing that appears in the log is "sync started (time)" and "sync finished (time)". There are no errors or warnings. The same songs will not sync.

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check the Log again, making sure the filter popup is set to show all messages, can you see it copying 45 or 26 tracks (plus one playlist)?

Best.
--
Jonas
mizm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I viewed the log in "show all" mode. The first message says "started scanning for assets", the 2nd says "successfully scanned device assets", and the 3rd says "successfully built sync plan". It then starts scanning track #1 of 26- the program only copied 26 tracks plus one playlist. It doesn't seem to even acknowledge the other 19 tracks.

[quote="salling"]If you check the Log again, making sure the filter popup is set to show all messages, can you see it copying 45 or 26 tracks (plus one playlist)?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote]
salling
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. Thanks. From the sound of it, the missing tracks are either DRM-protected, or disabled in iTunes (you know, the little checkbox next to each track in a playlist).

Best.
--
Jonas

[quote="mizm"]I viewed the log in "show all" mode. The first message says "started scanning for assets", the 2nd says "successfully scanned device assets", and the 3rd says "successfully built sync plan". It then starts scanning track #1 of 26- the program only copied 26 tracks plus one playlist. It doesn't seem to even acknowledge the other 19 tracks.

[quote="salling"]If you check the Log again, making sure the filter popup is set to show all messages, can you see it copying 45 or 26 tracks (plus one playlist)?

Best.
--
Jonas[/quote][/quote]
mizm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right- I went in and did a "get info" on the missing tracks and the common thread is that they are all "protected AAC audio file" vs "purchased AAC audio file" for the tracks that are loading. So does itunes only protect certain files because of copyright laws or something? Does this mean that I can only listen to protected tunes on an ipod?

Bummer. :-(

[quote="salling"]Okay. Thanks. From the sound of it, the missing tracks are either DRM-protected, or disabled in iTunes (you know, the little checkbox next to each track in a playlist).

Best.
--
Jonas
m0rd3c4i

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: same issue with non-DRM files Reply with quote

I'm having the same issue with non-DRM files--files that were ripped from CDs.

Bonus points--the files were syncing just fine "before" (before what, I don't know).

The log file doesn't list them as queued for syncing. They are checked off in iTunes.

I erase all music and playlist files off of the SD card multiple times. I've even erased the db and plist files for Media Sync. It seems to be completely ignoring files it had no problem with earlier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: