FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in   RSS Feed

MTP Support for Android Devices running Honeycomb ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n0mad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: MTP Support for Android Devices running Honeycomb ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm a media sync for mac customer :)

I already have a few Android Phones running fine in mass storage mode.

I recently acquired a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Tablet which is running Android Honeycomb and therefore not supporting USB Mass Storage anymore ... Only MTP.

It seems to be the trend for all new devices to come.

Any way to get it synced with Media Sync for Mac ? Any plan for supporting MTP devices ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
danmoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can only second that!

Google's latest flagship phone, the Galaxy Nexus, is also only among those devices not supporting USB syncing any longer, so I suspect this will become an increasing problem over the months to come ...

In the meantime, files can manually be copied to and from Android devices using this handy piece of software provided directly by the Android developers:

http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1120329

Anyway, I would really prefer if Salling Media Sync took care of this due to issues such as media conversions and the handling of altered playlists etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Salling Software Forums Forum Index -> Salling Media Sync for Mac All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: